The Prime areas of Learning:
1. Communication and Language Development: We aim to foster children’s language skills, including listening, speaking, and early literacy, we want to enable effective communication and provide a foundation for future learning.
2. Personal, Social, and Emotional Development: We support children in developing self-confidence, self-regulation, social skills, empathy, mental health, well-being and a positive sense of self-identity.
3. Physical Development: We promote children’s physical well-being, fine and gross motor skills, spatial awareness, and coordination through a range of stimulating activities and experiences both inside and in outside.
4. Literacy: We promote early literacy through a combination of focused story sessions and playful and engaging activities that encourage children to explore language and books, develop phonemic awareness, build vocabulary and practice early writing skills.
5. Mathematical understanding: We encourage curiosity, problem-solving, logical thinking, exploration, counting, sorting, knowledge of number, shape, space & measure through hands-on activities and discovery-based learning.
6. Understanding the World: We help introduce children to the natural and made environment, local community and further afield through teaching about cultures, traditions, celebrations and diversity, fostering their curiosity and understanding of the world around them.
7. Expressive Arts and Design: We nurture children’s creativity, imagination, self-expression, and appreciation of different art forms, including art, role play, music, drama, dance and our in-house artists in residence.
Our progressive curriculum is carefully planned so children make small steps of progress in each of the seven curriculum areas over the course of the year. Progressive learning objectives are linked to the half term topic and activities planned around the topic. Your child will be invited to a range of teacher led activities where learning objectives are carefully taught by staff through playful learning activities. Please have a look at this terms Half Term Plan and see what your child will be learning.